Virginia Dem Gov. Ralph Northam says he's 'sick and tired' of his government being criticized for the I-95 traffic pileup that left hundreds stranded for hours
Add Reply
++ LETS GO BRANDON ++
2022-01-09 06:31:25 UTC
Gov. Northam said he was "sick and tired" of hearing criticism over
the state's I-95 storm response.
"This was a storm that we haven't seen for a long time," he told
WRVA's Matt Demlein.
The governor praised the efforts of rescue workers and police
officials who aided motorists.
Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam said Wednesday he was "sick and tired"
of hearing criticism of "what went wrong" during the recent
snowstorm that left hundreds of people stranded for hours on
Interstate 95, according to The Richmond Times-Dispatch.

During an interview on WRVA, a Richmond-area radio station, reporter
Matt Demlein asked Northam about any updates in assessing how the
huge transportation backlog transpired, especially as many were
stuck in their vehicles with limited heat, minimal food options, and
frigid outdoor temperatures.

The Democratic governor — who is term-limited and will leave office
on January 15 — forcefully rejected the line of questioning about
the incident, which made nationwide headlines.

"I don't know why you're sitting there saying, 'what went wrong?'"
Northam said. "This was a storm that we haven't seen for a long
time. It started with rain, and then turned into a slushy snow of
eight to ten inches ... more than what was predicted. And then after
midnight, turned into essentially an ice rink."

He then said everyone should "sit back and say, 'Thank you so much'
to our agencies," including the Virginia Department of
Transportation and the Virginia State Police.

"These are men and women who were out there in the elements rescuing
people, getting the interstate open back up," he said. "I can't be
even more prouder."

Demlein pointed out that "clearly something didn't go right," since
some motorists — including Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia — were stuck
on the highway for up to 27 hours between Richmond and Washington,
DC, on Monday and Tuesday before the critical road artery was fully
reopened on Tuesday evening.

"Mother Nature is a tremendous force," Northam responded. "This was
a big storm. Over 400,000 people lost electricity. Everybody's home
safe and I'm proud of the way Virginia responded to it."

In the WRVA interview, Northam spoke of the storm warnings from the
Commonwealth and questioned why some motorists were on the road.

"We knew that the storm was coming. We put warnings out. Why don't
you start asking some of these individuals that were out on the
highway for hours, one, did you know about the storm? Two, why did
you feel it was so important to drive through such a snowstorm?"
Northam said. "And three, in hindsight, do you think maybe you
should have stayed home or wherever you were, rather than getting
out on Interstate 95?

In a Wednesday statement to the Times-Dispatch, Northam said that he
felt the need to laud the government workers who worked
expeditiously to save lives "in a very difficult situation" during
the interview.

He said he had a "tremendous amount of compassion for those who got
stuck in that scary situation," and asked for a report that would
examine the Commonwealth's response.

The governor then said the level of communication regarding the
storm could have been stronger.

"One of the things I think we need to look at is how to best
communicate with drivers before, during, and after these storms —
and that's 100% on us," Northam said.

The highway was not pre-treated with salt ahead of the Monday winter
storm because of heavy rain that preceded the snow.

State leaders are now facing questions from some Virginia
congressional lawmakers — including Democratic Rep. Abigail
Spanberger and Republican Rep. Rob Wittman — who have both asked for
an investigation into the response.

Spanberger on Wednesday asked Northam and Glenn Youngkin, the
Republican governor-elect, for "a full accounting of what went wrong
and what went right, and recommendations for process improvement."

Wittman said in a Thursday letter to the governor that the Virginia
Department of Transportation should examine how the Commonwealth
could have "improved its response, management, and execution of the
incident."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/virginia-gov-ralph-northam-says-
he-s-sick-and-tired-of-his-government-being-criticized-for-the-i-95
-traffic-pileup-that-left-hundreds-stranded-for-hours/ar-AASzBjX?
ocid=msedgntp
BeamMeUpScotty
2022-01-10 14:32:09 UTC
Post by ++ LETS GO BRANDON ++
[...]
The solution has past, Northam should have done the right thing when he
was in office. Instead he became a WOKE MARXIST....
--
That's Karma

*The first rule of SURVIVAL CLUB is we talk about it*
We hate censorship. Never trust what Democrats or Marxists tell you.
Make them prove it with actual verifiable facts and science. And if you
didn't find the duplicitous lies in what the Marxist-Democrats told you
then you didn't dig deep enough. The *Gruber Doctrine* is the
Marxist-Democrat plan that says it's "to the Democrats advantage to have
a lack of transparency and then lie about everything".
https://rumble.com/vkt8ld-call-it-the-stupidity-of-the-american-voter-or-whatever.-how-libs-exploit-t.html

*The next rule of SURVIVAL CLUB is*
Comey the liar tells you Hillary the liar violated the law.
Which liar is telling you a lie? This is who the Democrats are. If you
can't figure that out then you shouldn't be voting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ghph_361wa0#t=99