Who ya gonna believe, the generals or the right wing chickenhawks?
Harry Hope
2006-04-14 13:06:18 UTC
From Reuters, 4/13/06:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060414/pl_nm/iraq_usa_dc_5

Generals clamor for Rumsfeld's ouster over Iraq war

By Steve Holland

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -

Two more retired U.S. generals called for Defense Secretary Donald
Rumsfeld to resign on Thursday, claiming the chief architect of the
Iraq operation ignored years of Pentagon planning for a U.S.
occupation and should be held accountable for the chaos there.

As the high-ranking officers accused Rumsfeld of arrogance and
ignoring his field commanders, the White House was forced to defend a
man who has been a lightning rod for criticism over a war that has
helped drive President George W. Bush's public approval ratings to new
lows.

Six retired generals have now called for Rumsfeld to step down,
including two who spoke out on Thursday.

Retired Marine Corps Gen. Anthony Zinni added to the pressure for
Rumsfeld's scalp by telling CNN that Rumsfeld should be held
accountable for a series of blunders, starting with "throwing away 10
years worth of planning, plans that had taken into account what we
would face in an occupation of Iraq."

His views were supported by other commanders who served under
Rumsfeld.

"I really believe that we need a new secretary of defense because
Secretary Rumsfeld carries way too much baggage with him," said
retired Maj. Gen. Charles Swannack, who led the Army's 82nd Airborne
Division in Iraq.

"Specifically, I feel he has micromanaged the generals who are leading
our forces," he told CNN.

Retired Major Gen. John Riggs told National Public Radio that Rumsfeld
had helped create an atmosphere of "arrogance" among the Pentagon's
top civilian leadership.

"They only need the military advice when it satisfies their agenda. I
think that's a mistake, and that's why I think he should resign,"
Riggs said.

But at the White House, the 73-year-old Rumsfeld drew unflinching
support.

"Yes, the president believes Secretary Rumsfeld is doing a very fine
job during a challenging period," White House spokesman Scott
McClellan told reporters.

Recently retired Maj. Gen. John Batiste, who commanded the 1st
Infantry Division in Iraq, urged Rumsfeld on Wednesday to resign.

In recent weeks, retired Marine Corps Lt. Gen. Gregory Newbold and
Army Maj. Gen. Paul Eaton have also spoke up.

The demands for Rumsfeld's departure came as opinion polls show
eroding public support for the 3-year-old Iraq war in which about
2,360 U.S. troops have died and Bush is struggling to bolster
Americans' confidence in the war effort.

Read about the Deserter-In-Chief running from the Vietnam War

http://www.glcq.com

Oh, and have you visited the Chickenhawk Database lately?

http://www.nhgazette.com/cgi-bin/NHGstore.cgi?user_action=list&category=%20NEWS%3B%20Chickenhawks

Harry
r***@yahoo.com
2006-04-14 13:31:28 UTC
When Roman generals revolted---You could conclude that the Empire was
in Trouble.
ViperSpit
2006-04-14 13:33:59 UTC
Post by r***@yahoo.com
When Roman generals revolted---You could conclude that the Empire was
in Trouble.
better brush up on your history there.
the Roman Empire was destroyed by Liberalism.

Spit
m***@hotmail.com
2006-04-14 15:28:46 UTC
Post by ViperSpit
Post by r***@yahoo.com
When Roman generals revolted---You could conclude that the Empire was
in Trouble.
better brush up on your history there.
the Roman Empire was destroyed by Liberalism.
DiaperShit once again proves he's an ignorant fool.

The Roman empire was destroyed by funding endless wars and corrupt
politicians.

Sounds just the America under the Repug controlled Congress and
presidency.
Mickey
2006-04-15 11:50:00 UTC
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Post by ViperSpit
Post by r***@yahoo.com
When Roman generals revolted---You could conclude that the Empire was
in Trouble.
better brush up on your history there.
the Roman Empire was destroyed by Liberalism.
DiaperShit once again proves he's an ignorant fool.
The Roman empire was destroyed by funding endless wars and corrupt
politicians.
Sounds just the America under the Repug controlled Congress and
presidency.
I keep my fingers crossed.
Feel sad for the American taxpayer and common citizen thou who is misled
and misguided from all the information but so has it always been in USA.
ouroboros rex
As usual, the republican has nothing.
Liberals Are Idiots
2006-04-14 17:31:29 UTC
Post by ouroboros rex
Post by ViperSpit
Post by r***@yahoo.com
When Roman generals revolted---You could conclude that the Empire was
in Trouble.
better brush up on your history there.
the Roman Empire was destroyed by Liberalism.
Spit
As usual, the republican has nothing.
nobody gives a shit what a bunch of washed up military traitors have to say
Server 13
As usual, traitorboy, more republican posts means more nothing.
Mickey
2006-04-15 11:51:27 UTC
Post by Liberals Are Idiots
Post by ouroboros rex
Post by ViperSpit
Post by r***@yahoo.com
When Roman generals revolted---You could conclude that the Empire was
in Trouble.
better brush up on your history there.
the Roman Empire was destroyed by Liberalism.
Spit
As usual, the republican has nothing.
nobody gives a shit what a bunch of washed up military traitors have to say
Bewing a General and resigning is more a patriot thing than your empty
boast.

Greetings from a Green Baret in the Reserves.
dk
2006-04-14 19:25:38 UTC
Post by ViperSpit
Post by r***@yahoo.com
When Roman generals revolted---You could conclude that the Empire was
in Trouble.
better brush up on your history there.
the Roman Empire was destroyed by Liberalism.
Spit
You could not say a nicer thing about a liberal. The Roman Empire was
viewed as the Nazis or Fascists of their time. They may have made good
roads but they did it at the expense of the human spirit and freedom.
Thank you. DKat
Tag Heuer
2006-04-14 19:51:16 UTC
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 08:33:59 -0500, "ViperSpit"
Post by r***@yahoo.com
When Roman generals revolted---You could conclude that the Empire was
in Trouble.
better brush up on your history there. the Roman Empire was destroyed by Liberalism.
Spit
Bull-s h i t. Some attribute it to Christianity. Yet, there are
many reasons. Read up on Vegetius, as well as Gibbons. The parallels
in Bush's America to the "Empire" are notable.

"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job."
--- George W. Bush, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania July 9, 2004

http://tagheuerblog.blogspot.com/
a***@yahoo.com
What are the parallels? I don't see any- A. McIntire
Tag Heuer
2006-04-16 05:45:34 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Tag Heuer
Post by r***@yahoo.com
When Roman generals revolted---You could conclude that the Empire was
in Trouble.
better brush up on your history there. the Roman Empire was destroyed by Liberalism.
Spit
Bull-s h i t. Some attribute it to Christianity. Yet, there are
many reasons. Read up on Vegetius, as well as Gibbons. The parallels
in Bush's America to the "Empire" are notable.
"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job."
--- George W. Bush, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania July 9, 2004
(cut)
Hm. And you deceitfully trimmed the followup field of the header as
well. Wotcha' trying to hide?
Post by a***@yahoo.com
What are the parallels? I don't see any- A. McIntire
lol< And here you are expecting a response. Your really have to
stop swallowing Bush's spunk, and please consider this:

" . . .The most obvious is overwhelming military strength. Rome was
the superpower of its day, boasting an army with the best training,
biggest budgets and finest equipment the world had ever seen. No one
else came close. The United States is just as dominant - its defence
budget will soon be bigger than the military spending of the next nine
countries put together, allowing the US to deploy its forces almost
anywhere on the planet at lightning speed. Throw in the country's
global technological lead, and the US emerges as a power without rival
. . ." - http://tinyurl.com/1i7m

http://tagheuerblog.blogspot.com/ - WARNING: Adult content which may not be suitable for younger users, and may cause retinal, cranial or irreversable rectal damage. Parental discretion is strongly advised.
Chuck Feney
2006-04-14 15:19:20 UTC
Post by r***@yahoo.com
When Roman generals revolted---You could conclude that the Empire was
in Trouble.
That could be when General Julius Caesar seized power. Unfortunately,
even after the senators took care of him, Rome was left with a
dictatorship for hundreds of years. It lasted that long principally
because the succeeding emperors were able to loot the rest of the
empire. But our collection of clowns, especially Junior Nero, can't
even steal one country's oil.